Courtney is available for private lessons, clinics and workshops via Skype!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for rates and information.
Courtney is an in-demand clinician for college and high school vocalists and jazz choirs – and has been teaching private lessons since 2004 in voice technique, jazz, songwriting and more. She enjoys working with students of all ages and abilities. She currently coaches from her studio on the Upper West Side and is also a teaching artist with the groundbreaking Manhattan School of Music Distance Learning program. Skype lessons are also available!
- Master of Music in Jazz Performance, Manhattan School of Music, New York, NY
- Bachelor of Music in Jazz Performance, Cornish College of the Arts, Seattle, WA
- Attended all three levels of CCM training in Somatic Voicework™ – LoVetri Method at Baldwin-Wallace University
Courtney’s mission is to help students gain the skills and confidence to explore their unique qualities, musical vision and individual sound – and nurture a love of music and creativity!
Lessons offered in:
- General Voice Technique (chest/head/mix technique & development, performance skills, jazz, pop, rock & musical theatre styles)
- Jazz Voice (jazz stylization, rhythm, phrasing, improvisation & repertoire)
- Songwriting & Lyric-Writing
- Ear-Training/Music Theory Fundamentals/Jazz Theory
- Preparation for auditions, school applications, competitions & recording projects
Courtney has consistently been in demand by our parents and students and delivers an exceptional product. Her student base is our most diverse, ranging in age from 6-36! Courtney’s students have also been extremely successful in the community and have won awards in talent competitions along with invitations and scholarships… We recommend her without reservation as a teacher and professional.
– Corey & Kathy, Co-Owners of Big Star Studios, Snoqualmie, WA
- In 2013, while managing a successful private studio, Courtney was also an instructor at the award-winning Big Star Studios in Snoqualmie, WA.
- In 2014, she coached two finalists as well as the winner in the Sno Valley Idol Competition in Snoqualmie, WA. She also developed and taught the vocal and ear-training curriculum for Boxley Jazz Camp in North Bend, WA.
- In 2015, she began working for the Manhattan School of Music Distance Learning Department as a teaching artist with students across the country.
- In 2017, she attended all three levels of Somatic Voicework™ – LoVetri Method CCM training with acclaimed vocal coach and educator Jeanette LoVetri – and is proud to teach technique using these principals.
- She has continued to assist vocalists in preparing for major auditions and recording projects in NYC, graduate school studies and applications, competitions and more.